Unfortunately How Stuff Works has removed many of their videos relating to this topic. I have tried my best to find suitable replacements, but in some cases there were no videos on the topic in question at all so if your printable directed you to a resource here and it is not listed, the resource has been removed.
Activity for Unit 5
Activity for Unit 10
No longer available at how Stuff Works
Activity for Unit Eleven
Activity for Unit 13
Activities for Unit 15
Activities for Unit 19
Activities for Unit 20
Learn more about the Code of Chivalry:
Watch a movie about King Arthur and/or Knights
For Younger Kids:
“The Sword in the Stone”
More info here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057546/
For Older Kids
The Mists of Avalon
More info here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0244353/
More info here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113071/
King Arthur: His Life and Legends
More info here: http://www.blockbuster.com/movies/biography-king-arthur-his-life-and-legends.html
Resources for Unit 24
First – Go to the following website http://www.silkroadproject.org/tabid/177/defaul.aspx
Second – Look at the map for each question.
Third – Answer the questions about each map
Resources for Unit 25
History of Asia: http://history.howstuffworks.com/asian-history/history-of-asia2.htm
Resources for Unit 26
Exploration and Math
Complete at least four of the projects listed below in your final week of study.
1. Make a timeline of the Middle Ages. Pick two or three events from each unit to add to the time line. You can do a Google search for images of your event, print out the pictures, and glue them to a poster board to make it more interesting. For an idea of how to set up your timeline – take a look at this picture: http://www.tutburycastle.com/images/timeline.jpg Put your timeline on a poster display board and then video tape yourself presenting your timeline to your family or homeschool group. During your presentation, point out the important events that happened along the way and tell which event was your personal favorite.
2. Make a Medieval feast for your family. Many wealthy families in the Middle Ages had feasts that consisted of several courses, but you don’t need to go to such elaborate lengths! Just pick a few delightful dishes and have at it! The following website has an abundance of recipes to choose from.
3. Make a Medieval costume to wear to your feast! (or just for fun!)
4. Watch a jousting demonstration
Make a poster display board about jousting and tournaments and then video tape yourself presenting your poster display to your family or homeschool group.
5. Learn about Medieval reenactments:
<div align="center"><a href="http://thesimplehomeschool.com/" title="Simple Schooling" target="_blank"><img src="http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm255/duckyboysmom/grab_me_simple_schooling150.jpg" alt="Simple Schooling" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
I love the Simple Homeschool products. The unit studies cover a lot of information in a colorful and easy to understand format. My kids love the interactive units as well.rnrnI'm s
Hi, just wanted to let you all know what a fantastic amount of information is included in all your unit studies. Being in Australia it makes it easy for us to log in and do the uni
Love the Simple Studies unit studies. They are well written and easy to understand. The younger child based ones can be used for any age. Love the graphics and the color used.
We've had so much fun browsing the freebies and putting them to good use. Your imagination is the limit and we are seriously considering a subscription for supplementation next yea
Simple schooling unit studies has made science interesting for my children. The education content is great and written at a level my children, ages 10, 8, 8, 6, 4 and 2, can under
Learn more about The Simple Homeschool and the Simple Schooling Classroom.
Have questions and need a personalized answer? Please feel free to contact us.
Looking to advertise at the Simple Schooling Classroom or The Simple Homeschool?
Have a question and want an immediate answer? Browse our list of FAQ's for fast results.