Image via Wikipedia
The original unit numbers are associated with the old pdf version of this course. The new version has now been incorporated into the Classical Nature Study Volume 1: Bugs, Mammals, and Reptiles one year course and the unit numbers in () correspond to the workbook units in that course.
Resource for Activity 4.3 (42.3) - Learn to Draw a Snake
Resources for Activity 5.3 (43.3)- Rikki Tikki Tavi audiobook and other fun stuff!
Listen and read along to “Rikki Tikki Tavi”
Resource for Activity 7.2 (45.2) - Learn to Draw a Lizard
Resource For Activity 11.2 (49.2) - The Stinkpot Turtle Report
Resources For Unit 12 Main Text (50)
Walking on Water
Resource For Activity 14.3 (52.1, 52.2, and 52.3)
Resource For Activity 15.1 (53.1)
Resource For Activity 15.3 (53.3)
Resource For Activity 17.2 (55.2)
Resource For Activity 17.3 (55.3)
Tour De Turtle - http://www.tourdeturtles.org/alt-index.php
Resource For Activity 18.2 (56.2)
Resource For Activity 19.1 (57.1)
Alligator Farm Games - http://www.alligatorfarm.us/kidszone/
Resources For FINAL PROJECTS!
1. Get a reptile pet. There aren't many reptiles that make good pets for kids, but there are some such as the bearded dragon, leopard gecko, and small snakes like the corn snake, the king snake, and the ball python. If this is a project you would like to consider read this webpage first: http://www.greenigsociety.org/kc10.htm
2. If raising a live reptile wasn't what you were thinking when you thought about projects, why not write a report? You can use the report sheet at the end of the course to get your ideas down. Then transfer your answers to another sheet of paper and write it all down in complete sentences.
3. How about making a reptile diorama. A diorama is a 3-d representation of an animal's habitat. Pick your favorite reptile and then try to recreate their habitat in a box. You can get more information about how to make a diorama here: http://www.squidoo.com/shoebox-diorama
4. Fill out the compare and contrast sheets at the end of the course. This is a good way to see how the different types of reptiles are alike and different.
5. Read "A series of Unfortunate Events: The Reptile Room" by Lemony Snicket. This book has a main character who is a herpetologist, or a person who studies reptiles for a living. You can find study questions for this book here:
6. Younger girls can read any of the Gator Girls series of books. Find them here:
7. Younger boys can try The Gecko and Sticky books by Wendelin Van Draanen. The whole series can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/Gecko-Sticky-Villains-Lair/dp/0375843760
8. Complete the reptile Project Pack. For the lapbook, try to include several interesting and scientific facts like:
<div align="center"><a href="http://thesimplehomeschool.com/" title="Simple Schooling" target="_blank"><img src="http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm255/duckyboysmom/grab_me_simple_schooling150.jpg" alt="Simple Schooling" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
We have used several Simple Schooling items in the past especially ones during the 12 Days of Christmas event with our 4 1/2 year old daughter. She REALLY enjoys the activities an
Simple Schooling's Unit Studies are jam packed with information. They are easily adapted into lapbooks or make fantastic supplements to ones you already have. The Units are wonder
The new website is very easy to navigate and makes the wonderful unit studies so easy to access. Cherry on top!
Arctic Animals and The Arctic Circle had lots of info and were very well done. Your voice is pleasing to listen to.
I am always really excited by freebies. These have been exceptional. A definite must have for all homeschoolers, is what this is.
I love all the Freebies!!! This unit studies are one of the best available; very complete and fun. I hope some day they'll become available in Spanish!! Probably I can help with
We love Simple Schooling unit studies! They work well as stand alone studies and add-ons.
Your products are terrific... These "Freebies" allowed me to continue to homeschool my 5 children while I did my Christmas baking...Thank you so much for the opportunity.
I enjoy the information and great deals that Simple Homeshooling has to offer. It is a website that i visit often.
I purchased the Healthy Bodies Bundle from CurrClick this school year. In Maryland we are required to teach health. I found these unit studies to be an easy way to teach this sub
Learn more about The Simple Homeschool and the Simple Schooling Classroom.
Have questions and need a personalized answer? Please feel free to contact us.
Looking to advertise at the Simple Schooling Classroom or The Simple Homeschool?
Have a question and want an immediate answer? Browse our list of FAQ's for fast results.