Image via Wikipedia
The original unit numbers are associated with the old pdf version of this course. The new version has now been incorporated into the Classical Nature Study Volume 1: Bugs, Mammals, and Reptiles one year course and the unit numbers in () correspond to the workbook units in that course.
Resource for Activity 4.3 (42.3) - Learn to Draw a Snake
Resources for Activity 5.3 (43.3)- Rikki Tikki Tavi audiobook and other fun stuff!
Listen and read along to “Rikki Tikki Tavi”
Resource for Activity 7.2 (45.2) - Learn to Draw a Lizard
Resource For Activity 11.2 (49.2) - The Stinkpot Turtle Report
Resources For Unit 12 Main Text (50)
Walking on Water
Resource For Activity 14.3 (52.1, 52.2, and 52.3)
Resource For Activity 15.1 (53.1)
Resource For Activity 15.3 (53.3)
Resource For Activity 17.2 (55.2)
Resource For Activity 17.3 (55.3)
Tour De Turtle - http://www.tourdeturtles.org/alt-index.php
Resource For Activity 18.2 (56.2)
Resource For Activity 19.1 (57.1)
Alligator Farm Games - http://www.alligatorfarm.us/kidszone/
Resources For FINAL PROJECTS!
1. Get a reptile pet. There aren't many reptiles that make good pets for kids, but there are some such as the bearded dragon, leopard gecko, and small snakes like the corn snake, the king snake, and the ball python. If this is a project you would like to consider read this webpage first: http://www.greenigsociety.org/kc10.htm
2. If raising a live reptile wasn't what you were thinking when you thought about projects, why not write a report? You can use the report sheet at the end of the course to get your ideas down. Then transfer your answers to another sheet of paper and write it all down in complete sentences.
3. How about making a reptile diorama. A diorama is a 3-d representation of an animal's habitat. Pick your favorite reptile and then try to recreate their habitat in a box. You can get more information about how to make a diorama here: http://www.squidoo.com/shoebox-diorama
4. Fill out the compare and contrast sheets at the end of the course. This is a good way to see how the different types of reptiles are alike and different.
5. Read "A series of Unfortunate Events: The Reptile Room" by Lemony Snicket. This book has a main character who is a herpetologist, or a person who studies reptiles for a living. You can find study questions for this book here:
6. Younger girls can read any of the Gator Girls series of books. Find them here:
7. Younger boys can try The Gecko and Sticky books by Wendelin Van Draanen. The whole series can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/Gecko-Sticky-Villains-Lair/dp/0375843760
8. Complete the reptile Project Pack. For the lapbook, try to include several interesting and scientific facts like:
<div align="center"><a href="http://thesimplehomeschool.com/" title="Simple Schooling" target="_blank"><img src="http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm255/duckyboysmom/grab_me_simple_schooling150.jpg" alt="Simple Schooling" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
We tried the freebie study unit on Amphibians. I appreciated the fact that it was a complete unit study with everything laid out for us. It was a rare treat to have something tha
i love thes books! my preschooler catches on to things so easily because of the simplicity of the teaching, yet they are so informative!! thanks!
This is a brilliant site that I have used with my homeschoolers. The curriculum, printables, activities and freebies are great. Tell all your friends
We've been using Simple Schooling materials in various forms since we started homeschooling 4 years ago and we love them. We've been using the Middle School Physics this year whil
The Arctic Freebies have been great! My daughter really enjoys learning about the Arctic and with the winter weather here the timing was perfect. Thanks so much!
Learn more about The Simple Homeschool and the Simple Schooling Classroom.
Have questions and need a personalized answer? Please feel free to contact us.
Looking to advertise at the Simple Schooling Classroom or The Simple Homeschool?
Have a question and want an immediate answer? Browse our list of FAQ's for fast results.